Programmes and Levels
All students follow Higher Level curriculum. Students who choose to complete the examination at Ordinary Level do so after the pre-exams in Sixth Year.
The three main aims are
* Prepare the student to sit the Leaving Cert physics examination at an appropriate level and fulfil their potential at that level.
* Develop the students’ appreciation, interest and enthusiasm in physics and that students will extend their learning of the subject outside the curriculum.
* Provide students who go on the study physics, the other sciences, engineering and other related areas of study at third level and beyond a solid foundation for their further education.
Mr Con Lynch, BSc, PGDip in Ed, MSc
In 2018/2019, the options are:
* 4th year: Physics/Biology/Geography
* 5th year: Physics/History/Accounting
* 6th year: Physics/History/Accounting
In the academic year 2018/2019, the time allocated to physics is as follows:
* 4th year: 5 class periods per week.
* 5th year: 6 class periods per week.
* 6th year: 5 class periods per week.
* Geometrical Optics
* Modern Physics
* Particle Physics
De La Salle College Macroom
School Office Phone Number: 026-41832
email address: email@example.com
Mon – Fri 9:00A.M. – 5:00P.M.