Business is an optional subject in De La Salle. It is offered at higher level and ordinary level. The school follows the Leaving Business Syllabus as laid down by the Department of Education and Science.
De La Salle has adopted the aims of the NCCA Business Syllabus. According to this, the aims of Business are:
* To contribute to a balanced and appropriate general education, leading to the personal and social development of students through a study of business and enterprise.
* To encourage initiative and self-reliance in each student.
* To develop a clear understanding of the role of enterprise, to encourage the development of appropriate enterprise learning skills, and to generate in students a positive and ethical attitude to enterprise in personal, business and public life.
* To develop a critical understanding of the overall environment in which business functions.
* To help prepare students for participation in a changing business environment for adult and working life and also as a basis for further education.
According to the syllabus, as adopted by De La Salle, the general objectives of business studies are:
* To develop students’ literacy, numeracy, problem-solving and communication skills and to develop an attention to detail in the presentation of information.
* To develop an understanding of the structures, institutions, processes and management of business.
* To enable students to make informed business decisions.
* To enable students to use established commercial principles and knowledge, to critically evaluate commercial information, and to offer solutions to given commercial problems.
* To promote a positive awareness of cultural and social diversity in international business.
* To enable students to understand and appreciate ethics in business.
Mr. Fergus Ryan Mr. John Ryan Mr. Liam Fleming
4th Year classes and 5th Year classes in the Senior Cycle have five single lessons of Business per week while 6th Year classes have six lessons per week.
De La Salle College Macroom
School Office Phone Number: 026-41832
email address: email@example.com
Mon – Fri 9:00A.M. – 5:00P.M.