Forms & Links

U16 1/2 Football - Match Report   29/03/2019


De La Salle Macroom vs St.Colmans Fermoy

Venue: St.Micheals

Munster quarter final u16 ½

After a convincing win over Hospital, Limerick, hopes were high amongst the De La Salle team going into the game. The confidence was clear to see as corner forward Kieran doody found the net after just 2 minutes of play from a rebound. Another goal was scored by Kieran Doody in the 3rd minute after dispossessing the Fermoy keeper. De La Salle were finding their feet and a lovely play through the centre by Peter Murphy lead to a clinical top corner finish by Bradley O’Shea from an acute angle. Fermoy began to grow into the game with 1-1 without reply after De La Salle’s early dominance. A brilliant reaction save by Conor Murphy that was picked up and cleared by an excellent Shane Hodman ended Fermoy’s spell of strong play. An excellent interception by corner back Adrian O ‘Dea set off a swift manoeuvre up the field , ending in a point by midfielder and captain Peter Murphy after 10 minutes . Fermoy caught De La Salle off guard after their corner forward shot for goal and converted, leaving the score 3-1 to 2-1 after 11 minutes. Another 1-1 was scored by Kieran Doody in quick succession and a further point by Bradley O Shea, kept Fermoy at bay. Fermoy began to repair the damage scoring 2 points one after another. A one –two by Lawrence Asling and Kieran Doody lead to a score by Lawrence. De La Salle were turning over a lot of ball , and a kick out won by Peter Murphy put Mark Hunt straight through on goal ,who made no mistake with the finish, driving the ball into the roof of the net .  After the last point of the ½ by De La Salle was put over by Lawrence Asling , the last 5 minutes were controlled by Fermoy. Fermoy’s centre forward doing most of the damage, ending the first ½ with a personal tally of 4 points. De La Salle leading at half time 5-5 to 2-8

The second half wasn’t as lively as the first half, with the 1st score coming de La Salle’s way by the boot of Mark Hunt. The energy in the game began to deteriorate as the next score came in the 14th minute of the second half, by Fermoy’s full forward. After a further point by the Fermoy centre forward, they failed to put pressure on the De La Salle goal. This was due to the outstanding performances by the full back line Adrian O ‘Dea, Robert Lucey and David Kelleher, not allowing Fermoy a shot on goal. De La Salle scored a point through Lawrence Asling after combination play down the left hand side .After the score, the kick out was won by De La Salle midfielder Brian O Riordan, who was a crucial ball winner throughout the game. This lead to a score, converted by corner forward Mark Hunt. No team could grasp hold of the game from this point on. The last score of the game came from Fermoy centre forward .De La Salle forced a lot of wides from the Fermoy forwards due to ferocious pressure by De La Salle backs, especially by Daire McMahon and Conor Kelleher. This brought the final score to 5-9 to 2-11 in De La Salle’s favour.

Upcoming Events

School Life